Sunday, April 7, 2013

Birthday season

I wasn't sure where to start with this, but now I know. This is a time of year that has become a little crazy for us- why? you ask. Well, within exactly one month, all three of my kids have birthdays.  It was bad enough with my first 2 being April 13 and May 13, but on April 20 of last year, I added one more precious baby to our lives and now, we have birthday season in my house.  

The fact that I work on my son's birthday means that the easiest thing to do is to have his party on the morning of the 20th and have the baby's first birthday party that evening, that way the out of town family (which is everyone I am related to in any way besides my parents) wouldn't have to choose who's party to go to.  I am hoping for success.  I think my only saving grace in this is the fact that I will be having a 3 day weekend that weekend so maybe it won't seem so overwhelming.  i am still not planning to spend a ton of money on it all, and it will be nice to get together with family too.

three weeks later will be my middle child's 6th birthday party, which will also be on a 3-day weekend thankfully.  After that is over, I will get to sit back and be glad its all done for a year.  Did I mention that my husband and I have birthdays 5 days apart. of course, he is older than me.  I will be turning 30 this year, kind of wishing for a party but if history has taught me anything, its to not hold my breath haha.

So there it is, my first entry as what I hope turns into being among the great mommy bloggers out there (again, not holding my breath, but I will have fun with it regardless).


No comments:

Post a Comment